UK Cross Media Week In Beirut
The British Council and Beirut Creative Cluster, in partnership with Skillset Media Academy Wales, are running their first cross media workshop in Lebanon.
Cross Media, also known as Multiplatform or Transmedia Storytelling, is a media property, service, story or experience distributed across media platforms using a variety of media forms such as television broadcasts, online videos, mobile phones, and downloaded podcasts.
This 12 hour programme will draw on Skillset Media Academy Wales’ pool of expert industry tutors and their experience in running similar modules – in particular the Academy’s successful programmes Transform@Lab and CINOVATE, a programme to train film festival and cinema managers.
The programme will be led by Erica Wolf-Murray, Founder of Lola Media; James Mullighan, arts and film consultant, producer and commentator; and Patrick Roberts, design and communications consultant, who will draw on extensive experience of developing companies and individuals in the creative industries sector through their consultancy roles.
A 12 hour programme which will be divided into:
- A 3 hour introductory masterclass looking at international cross-platform best practice, with a focus on the UK creative and business sector;
- A 3 hour focused toolkit session for smaller groups, where companies/participants will be assisted in recognizing, retaining and developing the intellectual assets from their existing work practice as a foundation for future growth;
- A 3-hour case study session: looking at the cross-platform business planning of big UK brands such as BBC, Burberry, Tate and their lessons learnt;
- A 3 hour production session on cross-platform methods.
Participants will be divided into small groups (5-6 people) for the toolkit, case study and production sessions.
- Gain a new perspective on their creative business;
- Gain an understanding of innovation tools for business within and outside their own sector;
- Increase productivity locally and globally
- Understand working across different skill sets
- Be able to communicate and inspire new ideas for cross-platform working
Lebanese entrepreneurs and content developers working across the creative and cultural industries (film, TV, publishing, performing arts, advertising/communications, video games/interactive entertainment and media), with at least 3 years experience working in the sector.
25-28 March 2013 at Berytech’s new venue Beirut Digital District – Bechara El Khoury Street.
Apply by submitting the below form. The deadline for applications is 1 March 2013; selected participants will be contacted on Friday 8 March.
A $100 per participant which includes training materials and manuals, coffee break and lunch, internet access, and a one time optional e-mentoring session.
For registration, kindly visit: http://www.britishcouncil.org/lebanon-creativity-uk-cross-media-week-in-beirut.htm