Samsung Amman International Marathon
The main objectives of Amman International Marathon are to promote athleticism, particularly among youth; to encourage tourism to Jordan; and to promote athletic cooperation across countries of the Middle East and the world.Promoting healthy lifestyles among all members of society, and a spirit of volunteerism are other key objectives of AIM.
This marathon will be held in 28th of October 2011 in view of the favorable climate conditions during the fall season and the scheduled calendar of other international marathons. AIM is accredited by IAAF (International Athletics Federation) as an international event with the following categories:
The 42.195 Km. Marathon starts and finishes from the Roman Amphitheater
The 10 km. Fun Run starts from Hussein sport city on Queen Rania St. heading to Jamal Abdul Nasser Circle (Al Dakhiliyeh) and the finishing line will be At The Roman Amphitheater.
Starting time 6:00 AM
42 KM Route
- The 42 km race beings at Al Nourain Mosque (The Mosque at the Greater Amman Municipality) heading towards King Talal Street and passing by AlHusseini Mosque towards Al Hashimi Street.
- The runners will then head towards the Roman Amphitheater onto Quraish Street and in the direction towards Ali Bin Abi Taleb Street. They will continue their route towards Omar Matar Street passing by the main gate of GAM.
- The runners will run in the direction of King Talal Street again, then onto Al Hashimi Street arriving at Al Jaish Street in the direction of the NewRaghadan Bus Station.
- The runners will make a U-tern from the middle roundabout and cross the street to the other direction of Al Jaish Street, passing by the Roman Amphitheatre four times, back and forth.
- After the fourth time, the runners will arrive at their finishing point in front of the Amphitheatre.
10 KM Fun Run
Starting time 8:30 AM
- The gathering point for the 10 km race is at Al Dakhileyah Circle on Queen Alia Street.
- The runners will head towards the Royal Cultural center, then towards the 4th circle through Queen Noor Street.
- Then onto the 3rd circle through Zahran Street towards Al Burj Building on Prince Muhammad Street.
- The runners will pass by Samir Al Rifai School, heading in the direction towards King Faisal Plaza from Al Rida Street to Al Hashimi Street and onto AlJaish Street.
- Finally, they will run towards The Places Bridge (Jisr al Qusour) and run against traffic towards Al Hashimei square and onto Al Jaish Street towards their finishing point.