Samsung Amman International Marathon
The main objectives of Amman International Marathon are to promote athleticism, particularly among youth; to encourage tourism to Jordan; and to promote athletic cooperation across countries of the Middle East and the world. Promoting healthy lifestyles among all members of society, and a spirit of volunteerism are other key objectives of AIM.
This marathon will be held in 19th of October 2012 in view of the favorable climate conditions during the fall season and the scheduled calendar of other international marathons. AIM is accredited by IAAF (International Athletics Federation) as an international event with the following categories:
The 42.195 Km.( Marathon)starts at 6.00am from the front of main building of GAM and finishes at the Roman Amphitheater
The 10 km. (Fun Run)starts at 8.30am from Hussein sport city on Queen Rania St. heading to Jamal Abdul Nasser Circle (Al Dakhiliyeh) and the finishing line will be At The Roman Amphitheater.
The 4.2Km (Kids Run) : starts 10.30am from the front of main building of GAM and finishes at the Roman Amphitheater.
- Registration Fee
* Jordanians should present their Jordanian ID, while foreigners residing in Jordan should present their Resident Permit in order to register.
Special group prices are available for schools, universities, companies,
- Registration fee includes: race entry, a timing chip, a race bib, an
ofﬁcial race bag, and a T-shirt.
- All participants must place the bib number on the front of their
T-shirts and ﬁx the timing chip on their shoes.
- Participants must follow entrance instructions in order to become
- Timing chip should be returned at the ﬁnish line.
- Once the registration form is duly processed, there will be no fee
refund for those participants who eventually do not take part in the
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the race
without any prior notiﬁcation.
– Amman International Marathon Ofﬁce – Shmeisani.