On Sunday, December 1, 2013, from 9.00am to 7.00pm Gouraud Street, Gemmayze will be transformed into a pedestrian zone.
Free entertainment involving art, music, sports, and environmental activities, will be offered to adults and children. “DISCOVER GEMMAYZE” is part of a pioneering, environmental, and apolitical project “Achrafieh 2020”, which aims to transform the district of Achrafieh into a healthy environment, a dream space to live in.
• 10.00am to 5.00 pm bike rentals with Cyclo Sport.
• 9am to 7pm Photography Exhibition with ALBA.
• Street Musicians.
• DJ’s to dance all day with Special Guest Appearance of DJ RODGE from Mix Fm from 3pm to 4pm.
• 11.00am to 5.00 pm. Children corner with arts crafts and cultural activities around music and dance, with le Club des 2 Clowns and Garderie Santa.
• 12pm to 4pm Sports challenge.
• 9am to 7pm NGO, charities and mouné exhibition: on Frères School Wall.
• Several painters scattered from chez Paul to Les Frères School will paint live.
• 2.00pm to 3.00 pm the 161rst Live painting show with Bernard Renno.
• 11.30 am to 5.00 pm street shows: Fanfares, stilt walkers, hip hop, ballroom dance
• 9am to 6pm Wine exhibition on Saint Nicholas stairs with the major vineyard from the Lebanese industry.
• Love lock wall on St Nicholas stairs
• 12pm to 4pm Eps and M3allem , 2 Graffiti artists will paint a wall near Liban Post.
• 11am to 12.30pm free Zumba Classes for all with Pia Afif.
The pedestrian zone will be closed to traffic from 9am to 7pm. If you must leave the area on December 1rst, we advise you to do so before the assigned time, or to park your car outside the pedestrian zone. You will not be able to drive within the closed area before 7.00 pm. Electric shuttles will be available inside the pedestrian zone. Parking on both sidewalks of rue Gouraud will also be prohibited on that day. Pubs and restaurants will be open all day.
The event is Managed By Urban Art 71-940054