Dead Sea Ultra Marathon
Under the patronage of HRH Prince Raad Bin Zeid the Dead Sea Ultra Marathon (DSUM) has witnessed 19 years of rising national and international recognition. The DSUM is held every April from Amman to the Dead Sea and is the main fund raising event for the Neurological Society, which is funded by donations from individuals, public and private companies, annual membership fees, as well as proceeds of sporting events.
The DSUM has had a successful record of accomplishments since it was first launched with several world record runners and champions participating in the event. In 2010, the DSUM broke all records as it marked a turning point in the future of the event as a national and international athletic, touristic and charitable event with the continuous support of Jordanian organizations and more than 5500 runners representing 52 nationalities. In 2012, the DSUM solidified its position as a world renowned athletic, touristic and charitable, attracting over 7000 runners from 64 countries across the globe.
The 20th International Dead Sea Ultra Marathon will take place on April 5th 2013, more than 8500 participants are expected to participate.
· the Ultra Marathon 50km gathering point is at the 8th circle traffic light that leads to the Airport Road (please be Half an Hour earlier for warm ups)
· the Marathon 42km gathering point is at Marg Alhamam.(please be Half an Hour earlier for warm ups)
· the Fun Run 10km gathering point is at King Hussain Park. at 5:30am(((last bus will leave at 6:45)))
– 7:30 am for the 50km runners
– 7:45 am for the 42km runners
– 8:30 am for the 10km runners
At Amman Tourist Beach/Dead Sea, approximately 400 m below sea level
– Fees for adult Jordanians and foreigner residents 15.0 JD+ 3Jds bus fees
– Fees for Jordanians and foreigner residents juniors under 18years,10.0 JDs. + 3Jds bus fees
– Fees for Foreigner Participants $110.00,
– Fees for Foreigner juniors under 18 years, 60$,
– Through the official travel agency: Yolla Tours (Yolla.email@example.com)
– Our Office premises (cash only) (please keep receipt)
– A bank transfer to the Housing Bank Commercial Branch, swift# HBHAJOAXXXX Account # 180 299 140 101
Neurological Society/ Amman Jordan (please keep receipt)
– village at King Hussain Park (cash only) (please keep receipt)
Where to register:
– At the Society premises from 10am to 4pm
– Inside Cozmo Super Market (time not set yet )
– on line www.deadseamarathon.com
– At our marathon village in King Hussain Park Thursday 28th to Wednesday 3rd, 12pm to 9pm and Thursday 4th,12pm to 4pm
Changes and Cancellations:
– Fees are non refundable or transferable.
– Send your comments or questions regarding registration to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Celebration area is located at Amman Tourist Beach, 2km after the Dead Sea hotel zone.
Amman Tourist Beach boasts full facilities including a beach and shaded areas, children playgrounds, toilets, showers, changing rooms and restaurants.
Food and refreshments are available at the Amman Tourist Beach.
The Prize Ceremony will be held at 11:30am.
The route will be marked every 1km.
Water stations every 3Km along the route, and finish line. The first 12km of the run are slightly up and down hill, the next 12km are completely downhill and the last kms are flat with few up and down hills.
Average expected temperature: Approximately 15 Celsius in Amman and 25 Celsius at the Dead Sea.
The route opens at 2:00 pm and closes at7:00 a.m. race day.
In case of emergencies, first aid and ambulances are available along the route and at the celebration area.
Showers and changing rooms are available at the Amman Tourist Beach. Runners are required to bring their own towels.
Toilets are available at the start points of all the races, at 44 km, and at the finish line
All runners can leave their bags and personal belongings in the luggage buses at the starts points, and picked up from the luggage booth located at the finishing point at Amman Tourist Beach. Each bag/personal belonging should be labelled with the number given in your package.(society is not responsible for lost bags)
Runners who are unable to complete the race and need to be transported to the finish line are kindly asked to wait for the official bus to pick-them-up.
A scheduled bus service will be provided for runners to head back to Amman, starting at 11am and every hour after that, noting that the last bus leaves at 4pm.
The organizing committee, police and volunteers are there to help you. Please do not hesitate to ask for help.
Collect your race number and goodie bag from the marathon village at King Hussain Park
Souvenir photos will be taken along the route and at the finish line, and will be sold at the society
Race Numbers and the timming chip:
Race numbers will be delivered to registered runners only. All runners must present their personal identification number before collecting their race numbers. Exceptions will be made only if the original payment voucher is presented in order to collect a number on behalf of a runner.
All runners must wear their numbers for check in, positioned front, top and centre, and should be worn throughout the entire race. NO EXCEPTIONS are allowed. The timing chip must be worn on the shoe as per the instructions.
The number must be visible at all times, and especially as the runner approaches time keeping stations and the finish line.
DO NOT trade or give away your number. If a number is assigned to someone else that is considered a serious violation of race ethics. Trading numbers or false use of assigned numbers will result in disqualification.
Do not cut or fold the race number and make sure the chip is on the shoe. Do not deface numbers with stickers, markers or writing.
The timing system will determine the result, so please make sure that you put the chip on your shoe before the race. (Results will not be accepted for any runner without their chip)
Official Results will also be posted on our website athttp://www.deadseamarathon.com/inside/results.asp
Neurological Society Address:
Located in:Shmesani Thaqafat (Cultural) Street, second right turn after Burger King onto Hussein El Jiser Street, third building to the left, No. 5, second floor.